Finding the New Quantify module very useful. Would like to compare an "as is" process with a "to be" for RPA projects. What's the best way to present the "as is" and "to be" in order to run the analytics? For example, should I first map the "as is" in one card and then copy that into a separate card for the "to be" in order to make the changes required? Then run side by side analytics and reports on each?
Hello Mark. There are 2 ways to compare scenarios of a process
• Compare 2 states, such as "as-is" and "to-be"
• Compare some boxes in a given process
In order to compare as-is and to-be my recommendation is to have 2 processes.
First, capture the as-is process, quantify and get the baseline number you need.
Then, duplicate the process. This will be our to-be. Note, you can also start the to-be from scratch if you do not want to be "biased" by the current way of working.
Make the changes to the process, add or remove activities, and review quantify for each step.
You can compare the 2 processes side by side in 2 different browser tabs.
The benefit of this approach is that you can still make changes to as-is process over time, without impacting to-be.
Now let's say, even in your to-be process you have variations you'd like to explore. Example, you have some steps that will be automated in "phase 1" and some other steps only in "phase2".
Enter the custom field. This is all shown here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOFCxpzal2A&t=1s
Mark each activity with a relevant custom field to differentiate them. In our case we have phase 1 and phase 2. Now in the "criteria" tabs of Quantify you can toggle which boxes are quantified. It will select the boxes of "phase 1" or the box of "phase 2". This allow to do comparisons within one process.
The benefit is that you are working in the same process. The downside is that your process may become a bit messier if you are trying to capture all scenarios to be marked with custom fields
I hope this helps! If i'm not clear please say so :-)
I did something earlier where I added a Custom Field called Solution, and then used the grouping to capture 'Automation' and the like. I then filtered down using the criteria so it only showed the boxes I wanted. This gave me the potential benefits of implementing a solution.