Following last weeks blog on managing access rights, I thought I'd take everyone a step back and take a brief look at how we onboard users into our workspace(s). Firstly, I'll break down the different types of users available and their respective functions/permissions.
Why add users to your workspace?
This is a simple question with not such a simple answer. I could write a whole other blog (look out for this one) about why you should add users to your workspace and the many benefits. However, for this 'how to' blog, I shall keep it nice and simple with the following bulleted reasons.
- Visibility of processes for your team or company
- Process collaboration with colleagues/clients
- Multiple process owners (people edit and own the processes they own)
- Request approval and publish processes from colleagues/clients
Types of users
Below is a quick breakdown of the three user types in Skore.
- Admin - An Admin user can access all parts of the software including the Administration area. An Admin user may also change access rights for any process in their workspace.
- Editor - An Editor can create and edit processes but cannot access the Administration area.
- Member - A Member can view processes, leave comments and approve processes when requested.
Below is a breakdown of widely used functions and their permissions by user type.
|View processes in a workspace||Yes|
|Yes - All|
|Edit a process||No||Yes |
|Change access rights of a process and other properties||No||Yes |
|Yes - All|
|Add comment to a process||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Invite new users to a workspace||No||No||Yes|
|Create and manage user groups||No||No||Yes|
|Archive process||No||Yes |
*SAR (Subject to access rights)
Adding users to a workspace
So, I have someone I'd like to invite to my workspace to view, edit, approve a process or otherwise, how do I do it?
Pre-requisite: You must be an 'Admin' of the workspace to add a new user.
Step 1. Access 'User Management' by navigating to the 'Admin' area of your workspace.
Step 2. Click the button 'Invite New Users'
Step 3. Enter the email address of the person you wish to invite. Enter multiple by separating each email address with a comma. If you have a bulk list of emails, click 'Bulk add emails' to paste in a list of emails which Skore will then extract.
Step 4. Choose the user type from the 'Add user as' drop down menu.
Step 5. The option to 'send invitation email' is set by default and is recommended. Then when ready, click 'Send invitations'.
Step 6. The user will then receive an email with an invite and a link to the workspace.